Thursday, May 21, 2009

Text Message Conversation

Text Conversation Between My Mother and Me

Mom: FYI. Call team had 2 come in sun nite 4 a 29 yo female w a PE (pulmonary embolism). She was in bad shape. Barely made it w/out having 2 put in an assist device. Cause: smoking and birth control pills.

Me: Well good thing I don't take those nasty birth control pills.

Mom: Patches have the same stuff in them & i'm sure the smoking does far more damage.

Me: No patches either...i haven't used hormonal birth control for years...gives me migraines.

Mom: K. Well take it from me...Nothing else works. Except abstinence.

Me: Thanks for the info...no sex no babies...i got it.

Seriously...I'm 38 years old...why am I having this conversation with my mother...

1 comment:

Just me said...

Because your mother is a Ulicny, and because it makes my day to know I'm not the only one whose mother is like this. LOL